Welcome Back Pupils, Parents, and Carers!
We hope you have had a lovely summer; the children have had many exciting stories to share with their class teachers. The teacher in Owl Class is Miss Naish and the teacher in Penguin Class is Mrs Kaur. The teaching assistants supporting Year One are Mrs Shah and Mrs Farnden.
Due to the ongoing pandemic, we are ensuring that we take all possible precautions in school. These precautions include frequent handwashing, especially after being outside and before eating, as well as keeping year groups in separate bubbles within school.
We aim to ensure that the children experience a smooth transition from Reception to Year One, especially after such a long break from school. The Year One curriculum builds upon and extends the experiences that children had in Reception. The children are being given time to settle into the new routine and we will gradually ease in changes in their learning to maintain their motivation and love of learning. We hope you will continue to work with us to enable your child to grow in confidence and develop their love of learning so they can become the best they can be.
We ask that you always remind your child that hard work is very important to ensure they continue to thrive both inside and outside the classroom. The brain is like a muscle that needs to be exercised frequently.
Our topic this term is ‘HEROES.’ Please look at our mid-term plan below.
- Our PE day is Wednesday, so please ensure your child brings their PE kit into school on this day. As our PE will be in the afternoon, the children will change into their PE kits after lunch and will wear them home. Please also ensure that all items of clothing are clearly labelled. We encourage children to practise getting dressed at home to help them get changed quickly in school!
- The children should bring their own water bottle to keep in class which they can access throughout the day and they will change their water regularly. Please make sure your child’s name is written clearly on their water bottle.
- Homework will be given out on Friday and, unless otherwise stated, should be returned the following Wednesday.
- If you need to communicate with your child’s class teacher, you can email email@example.com. The Year One teachers will check this regularly.
- Please check the school web site regularly for important dates and information.
Please click on the link for the slides from the Year 1 Welcome Meeting.
We look forward to getting to know you and working together so that we have a thoroughly enjoyable year ahead of us. We hope that you enjoy the new challenges to learning that Year 1 has to offer!
The Year One Team.