Welcome back Pupils, Parents, and Carers!
We hope you have had a lovely Christmas; the children have had many lovely stories to share with their class teachers. We are very excited to welcome Mrs Kaur to Penguin Class.
We ask that you always remind your child that hard work is very important to ensure they continue to thrive both inside and outside the classroom. The brain is like a muscle that needs to be exercised frequently.
Please see below for our mid-term plans for more information on what we are learning about in the classroom.
- The children in Owl Class will be coached in PE on Mondays and Thursdays; the children in Penguin Class will be coached in PE on Wednesdays and Thursdays. Please ensure your child has their PE kit in school and that all items are clearly labelled.
- Please continue to encourage your children to practise getting dressed at home to help them get changed quickly in school!
- Any letters, money or reply slips which need to be returned should be given to the office.
- The children may bring their own water bottle to keep in class which they can access throughout the day and they will change their water regularly. Please make sure your child’s name is written clearly on their water bottle.
- Homework will be given out every Friday and is due in on the following Wednesday. If your child returns their book later than this, it will not be marked.
- Your child should be reading at home every day; even if they read to an older sibling this will still be beneficial. Please encourage them to access Bug Club at home (use school code hwjk).
- Please check the school web site regularly for important dates and information.
The BBC television programme was so impressed with a story about The Lady and the Turtle that had sent them, that they awarded her a Green Blue Peter Badge, which is especially for viewers who care about the environment and nature. Click here for the story, and here for the picture. Congratulations Imaan!
We look forward to continuing to work together with you to help support your child. We hope that you will continue enjoy the new challenges to learning that Year 1 has to offer!
The Year 1 Team.