Welcome Back Pupils, Parents, and Carers!
We hope you have had a lovely summer, the children have had many exciting stories to share with their class teachers.
The teachers in Owl Class are Miss Naish and Mrs Shah; the teachers in Owl Class are Miss Bryant, Mrs Skelton and Mrs Farnden.We aim to ensure that the children experience a smooth transition from Reception to Year One.
The Year One curriculum builds upon and extends the experiences that children have had in Reception. The children are being given time to settle into the new routine and we will gradually ease in changes in their learning to maintain their motivation and love of learning. We hope you will continue to work with us to enable your child to grow in confidence and develop their love of learning so they can become the best they can be.
We ask that you always remind your child that hard work is very important to ensure they continue to thrive both inside and outside the classroom. The brain is like a muscle that needs to be exercised frequently. Our topic this term is ‘HEROES.’ Please click here to see our topic plan.
- The children in Owl Class will be coached in PE on Mondays and Thursdays; the children in Penguin Class will be coached in PE on Mondays and Wednesdays until October half term, then Wednesdays and Thursdays from half term onwards. Please ensure your child has their PE kit in school and that all items are clearly labelled. We encourage children to practise getting dressed at home to help them get changed quickly in school!
- Any letters, money or reply slips which need to be returned should be given to the office.
- The children may bring their own water bottle to keep in class which they can access throughout the day and they will change their water regularly. Please make sure your child’s name is written clearly on their water bottle.
- Homework will be given out on Friday. This will be explained in the welcome meeting at the start of the school year but if you miss the meeting or want help of support please see one of the class teachers at the end of the day.
- Please check the school web site regularly for important dates and information
We look forward to getting to know you and working together so that we have a thoroughly enjoyable year ahead of us. We hope that you enjoy the new challenges to learning that Year 1 has to offer!
The Year One Team