Welcome to Year 2!
We hope you have had an enjoyable summer. The children certainly had lots of exciting stories to share with Class teachers. We have enjoyed listening to them talk about their summer. We are all enthusiastic to start school and continue the amazing learning experiences of Year 1.
We are looking forward to another exciting and stimulating term with your children.
This term we are going to be learning about work connected to “Frozen Lands”. Please click here for our Mid Term Plan to find out about all the other things that we will be learning and how you can help your child at home.
- The children will be coached in PE on 2 days a week. Please look on the class window for details. Please ensure your child has their PE kit in school and that all items are clearly labelled. We encourage children to practise getting dressed at home to help them get changed quickly in school!
- Any letters, money or reply slips, which need to be returned, can be given to the office.
The children may bring their own water bottle to keep in class which they can access throughout the day and they will change their water regularly. Please make sure your child’s name is written clearly on their water bottle.
- Homework will be given out on Friday. This will be explained in the welcome meeting at the start of the school year but if you miss the meeting or want help of support please see one of the class teachers at the end of the day. Please return your homework on Monday.
- Please check the school web site regularly for important dates and information
- Reading books are changed regularly. Please help your child to read by listening to them read at home every day. At this point in Year 2 it is important to be asking questions as your child is reading to help with their understanding. Please write in the home reading record which will be checked by the class teacher or TA. Reading books should be brought to school in a suitable school sized book bag. Children can also access ‘Bug Club’ at home.
Year 2 Team