Dear Parents and carers,
Welcome to Reception.
We are so excited to be back in the classroom ready to have fun and learn!
Our topic question for this half term is “Who am I?” We will be spending this time getting to know each other, learning what your child enjoys learning about and what interests them.
If you have any family photos that you would like to share, you can email it to email@example.com (with your child’s name and class on it) so we can show the children, and allow your child to talk about it.
Please support us by:
- Teaching your child good hygiene skills by encouraging hand washing and independent toileting.
- Teaching them how to put their coat on themselves
- Providing them with Velcro shoes rather than laces. Laced shoes are tricky for 4 year olds.
- Providing them with a small, red book bag as we do not have space for a huge backpack.
- Providing them with a named water bottle and appropriate clothes for the weather. Label all of their clothes as lots of things go missing and it is easier to find them. This includes labelling their water bottle, book bag, jumper, tshirt, trousers, scarf, hat, gloves, shoes and all of their PE kit.
- Teaching your child to write their name.
- Reading with your child for 5 minutes every night. Bug Club is a wonderful resource paid for by the school to provide your child with a wide range of books at your child’s level. You can find the link to Bug Club on the school website.
- Practising reading numbers to 10 and counting out those amounts.
Both Emu and Dove class have PE on Thursday morning so please send your child to school in their PE kit with their uniform in their PE bag to change into. We will not be keeping PE kits in school and they will be sent home on Thursday afternoon.
We realise that things are changing but we are confident that we can have a wonderful year. We want to provide the children with a very fun and engaging first year of school. We are really looking forward to getting to know your child with lots of indoor and outdoor learning.
Miss Byrne (Emu teacher), Mrs Stamps (Emu Teaching Assistant)
Miss Patrick (Dove teacher), Mrs Choudhary (Dove Teaching Assistant)